We found out the beginning of spring that we had found a job in Idaho. We were pretty excited at the opportunity and were glad to know we had a place to go. :) The weeks before graduation were filled with lots of packing and sorting. We got rid of a bunch of stuff in a garage sale, but we still kept most of our stuff. We rented our house and the new renters were new dental students who wanted to move in as soon as we could get out. The students wife was like 8 1/2 months pregnant. So we did our best and got out the day after graduation. It was a bit of a whirlwind weekend, that's for sure. Even now its all a bit of a blur! Derek and his dad drove the penske truck to Boise. My parents drove our other car there as well. Then, my mother in law, Julie and I took the kids on an airplane. The drivers left early afternoon and then Julie and I finished up cleaning and carpet cleaning. Then we were out about 6 pm for our flight. Busy, busy day!
It was definitely bitter sweet leaving Omaha. We have so many great memories there. It was a tough time being away from family and adjusting to school life and being parents at the same time, but I know we will look back fondly (mostly...). :)
We will miss: crazy spring weather, green foliage everywhere, soft skin thanks to humidity, IDEP/dental friends, Elkhorn ward friends, great doctors, fireflies, great city, the Trail Center, living close to church sites, fun playgroups
We will not miss: humid summers, freezing cold/snowy winters, shoveling said snow, tri-level homes, SCHOOL
Goodbye Omaha!
1 comment:
Hurray slash waaaahh! I miss you guys. Julie I can't believe little Carter Pants is 1. Really??
It's good to be done with school (and have a real-live paycheck). But I'm so sad to have left Omaha. I loved it there. And c'mon...you know you're going to miss the humidity and tornado scares. Really.
Let's talk sometime soon!
Post a Comment