We decided to go on a cruise for a sort of graduation gift to ourselves. My wonderful mom was kind enough to watch our kids for 8 days while we got a much needed break. Thanks again mom and dad! We flew from Idaho to California and spent a week with my family until we left.
We flew into Miami on a red eye flight and then had to wait around several hours until we could get on the boat. We took a long, hot walk around downtown a bit and then decided to just wait in the lobby. I had a real hard time being away from the kids right away. I have never been away from the kids over than a few nights here and there when in the hospital. It was so hard and I would tear up when I would think about them. It is hard - when you are a mom you want a break and then when you get one you miss them like crazy. But, Derek and I had a great time together and we are glad that we did it.
Miami
Outside US Airways Arena - during the finals
Miami as we left Florida
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas
The most gorgeous beach and water we have ever been to
St. Thomas
Parasailing!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
We were there the day after President Obama visited. Signs like this were all around.
The historic buildings were so neat. Very cool city.
Grand Turk
Conch shell - our tour jumped in the ocean and grabbed it
Then, he took it out of the shell. Anyone want to try it?
Sure. I (Julie) will try this rubbery, raw fish. . .
Ewww.
Boise residents will recognize this local star. That's right we saw weatherman Larry Gebbert on the cruise a lot and asked him to take a picture with us. A little embarrassing, but we had to do it.
On the boat fun:
Seeing a show
Formal night dinner
Watching the sunset
3 comments:
It looks like you guys had a fabulous time! Beautiful pics!
So glad you went and so glad you left my grandbabies more! We had so much fun, but looks like you did too! Hey, do it again next year! I am up for the kid play! Love the pics of the beautiful world!
Looks like a great time. Nice to see the photos.
Post a Comment