Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Love Day 5

I LOVE Bajio (Mexican Food place out west)! When we lived in Provo, Derek and I would go to this place so much!  Provo has several different mexican restaurants similar, but this one was definitely our favorite.  It is probably in my top favorite things about my time in Utah, besides the friends and memories of course.  So now every time we are in an area with a Bajio, we have to go!  It was bad too because when I was pregnant I was always craving mexican food, so a couple of times we went up to Idaho Falls to go to the one they had there.  We hope to find a good place here, so far we haven't found one.  

A few weeks ago, I even tried to recreate the pork salad they have there that I get.  I was able to find a few websites with different recipes.  It was fun to do, but not quite the same.  It took a long time to make, so I took a picture of the finished project.  I was kind of proud of my attempt.  :)

4 comments:

Kami P. said...

Hey, you stole one of my "love" ideas! :-) Bajios is really my FAVORITE place to eat and I get the same thing every time- flouta bajio (not sure if I spelled it right). It's the big salad. I miss that place so much. We at there 3 or 4 times while we were home over christmas. Did you know that pocatello has one now?

Matt and Janae said...

Yum! I am with you...I love Bajio. The closest ones to us are in Boise or Poky. :( I wish there was at least one in Twin Falls. I, too, get the Flauta Bajio (salad). Yum. We are going to IF this weekend and plan on stopping at the Bajio there. I will eat a bite for you! :) Oh and your attempt looks so yummy!

We miss you guys!

Boise Mom said...

Looks like you could have your own cooking show.
Very nice presentation and I am sure it tasted yummy too.

Ryan and Jill said...

Sounds like a lot of work. :)