Sunday, August 17, 2008

What's Been Going On...

Not much has been going on with us lately. We have been obsessed with the Olympics this year. We are pretty much glued to the TV for all the fun ones: swimming, gymnastics, diving, beach volleyball, track and field. We have loved it. Can you believe Michael Phelps?! Wow, that kid can swim! Michael Phelps is my age, which is crazy. He is one talented fella.



I finished reading Breaking Dawn (Twilight series). It was good and I am happy with how it all ended up. Sad to see the series is all done, that was an entertaining story. Any new book suggestions out there???



Addie is 4 months old now, pretty crazy. She is about 13 pounds and 25 inches tall now and has been eating much better lately. Sleeping is still all over the place (good some nights, not so good most nights). But, I am hopeful things are turning around! She is having more fun playing with toys and seems to be getting closer to rolling from back to stomach (she is a pro at stomach to back). She is still a tough one to get to laugh, but it is super cute when she actually does it! She is still drooling by the way, which is evident in pretty much all of the pictures we have of her now!





Derek is back to school. He is not loving that fact, but he is not a complainer about it. We're proud of him for going to school everyday all day! He is a great father and husband to go and work hard!

11 comments:

Diane said...

Sooo happy to hear the latest, and see the latest in fashions for Addie! I love seeing your blog! We love the USA win too! Yes, Julie, great men, like yours are hard to find! Better keep him in chocolate milk!! Keep the posts coming. I love the outfit and hair pretty in pink and brown!

Ryan and Jill said...

We have been obsessed with the Olympics too (Ryan more than me). It is crazy to think that Addison is 4 months old...it seems like you guys were just here and she had just turned 3 months old. That is so strange. I am almost done reading that book---it is good.

Matt and Janae said...

Wow! 4 months already! She is growing up so quick! She is such a cutie!

I can't wait to read "Breaking Dawn"...hopefully soon.

Julianne said...

Oh, she is so stinking cute!! OK, how did the rice cereal go the other night?

One of these nights, she's just going to start sleeping all the way through...I just know it! OK, I don't KNOW it...but I hope it! She is such a funny little girl. She was so cute when she was laughing and smiling so huge at that BBQ. Cute! And so good with her head/neck muscles. She is definitely ahead of the game there.

Mandi said...

The Olympics have rocked! We have loved watching them too. The pictures of Addison are sooo cute! And . . . good luck with school Derek!

Boise Mom said...

Watching the Olympics is the American thing to do! It has been fun, but the nights have been late.

Addison is just SO cute! I'm not partial at all. :)

Get this! I have just starting reading "Twilight". I am about 1/3 the way through and hate to put it down. Jaron read it last week, so I figured I should get in the loop. Plus, being a Mia Maid advisor, they are all talking about it.

Wendy said...

Down-town-Julie-Brown (well, I guess something else now). Hey it's Wendy Warnick, now Thomas. Wow, it's been a while. How the heck are you? Your little girl is so cute. It's crazy that we're married and have kids now, but I love it. My husband's name is Derek too...awesome! Haha, sorry it's been a long day. I saw your blog link on Megan's. Mine's on there too, check it out if you'd like. I'd love to catch up with you. Talk to ya later.

Messimoo said...

The last picture I think she looks just like her Daddy! She is soooo cute!

I have Breaking Dawn and haven't started it yet. I guess I just don't want the series to be over yet! Crazy, huh?

Morg and Robbie said...

It is a tribute to Derek that he has been able to be glued to the TV with you during the Olympics, considering they have been during the first two weeks of his Sophomore year of dental school! I do not know how he does it, it must have something to do with a great wife supporting him:) You guys have a sweet little girl-

lacey said...

Hi Julie! It's Lacey, I finally remembered to check out your blog. It's way cute!! I really like your background. Sounds like you guys had a fun time in Cali. Our blog is brianandlaceybagley.blogspot.com if you want to add us to your page! See you at church.

Karolyn said...

WE loved the olympics as well! Addison sure is cute! Looks like you guys are doing well!!!