Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Christmas!!!

This year we had Christmas in California. But, before we left Derek and I opened the gifts that we gave to each other. Our little tree was so cute. We played our fireplace DVD that we use in place of a real fireplace and we listened to Christmas music! It was fun.



The next day, Derek went to the BYU v. UCLA Bowl Game in Las Vegas with Eric, Dean and my dad. They had so much fun cheering on BYU to victory! BYU won 17-16 in a nail biter. It was a very memorable trip.



The next day, December 21st, we flew to California. We were excited to spend time with family and have a long break from work and school. Christmas Eve was at my parents house this year so my mom and I had a lot of fun cooking and baking for the night. My grandma helped as well, making her delicious rolls. Dinner was great and it was so much fun to see so many family members that we don't get to see very often. We did the traditional white elephant gift exchange, which is always entertaining.







Late Christmas Eve night, Derek and Dean decided it would be fun to jump into the pool even though it was really cold! It was a refreshing 48 degrees. After jumping in they thawed out in the spa.



Christmas Day, we opened presents and had a big breakfast with my parents and Dean. Eric and Josie came the next day to open their presents.







The day after Christmas we visited my Grandma and Grandpa Brown and my cousins. All the cousins were there from Utah.



While in California we went shopping for baby clothes and other necessary items, such as a crib and car seat. We think we know what we want to get now. We had a lot of fun testing out strollers and other random baby items. My mom and I were busy working on sewing the crib bedding. We started working on the bumper pads and still have some more things to make. I enjoyed picking out my own fabric and sort of designing the pattern. My mom was a huge help! Once it is all done I will have to post pictures of it.





The rest of the trip was spent visiting family, relaxing, eating good food and enjoying much warmer weather! Derek even got to go to a Laker game with my dad, his first one! He had a blast! We were sad to go, but we are so glad that we could stay for a long break.

2 comments:

Matt and Janae said...

Sounds like you guys had a good Christmas! The bedding looks really cute! I can't wait to see a picture of it completed.

Derek....I like the goatee. It looks nice.

Mandi said...

Ok - I LOVE the idea to sew your own bumper pads! What an awesome idea! Hailey's crib is boring and doesn't have any yet . . . so maybe I will borrow your idea and sew some for her too!