Monday, January 24, 2011

November

For a while my Grandpa Bishop had not been doing well health wise and was steadily getting worse and on November 6th my he passed away. I was lucky enough to be able to fly to California with the kids to attend his funeral on November 11th.





My Grandpa was such a fun guy and I have a lot of fond memories of him. For as long as I can remember, my family would go over to my Grandparents house every Sunday night. Grandpa was always eager to get us cokes or orange crushes to drink or ice cream to eat. He would rub Grandma's feet and say funny comments (for craps sake!). It is sad to think I will not see him here on Earth again, but I know that I will see him again.



After the funeral, the kids and I stayed with my parents until Derek joined us for Thanksgiving. It was a lot of fun. It was especially nice because Addison had Cohen and Ethan to play with most of the days! She has a severe attachment to Coco. :) Thanksgiving was at my parents house and it was fun to spend time with all our family members in the area. I wish I had taken more pictures! While there my parents got their kitchen counters re-done and new appliances. My mom was in heaven with her finished product!





We also attended the San Diego Zoo. That is a huge zoo! We were exhausted after walking around and going on the tram to see the animals. We still love our Omaha zoo though, not too big, not too small.





1 comment:

Diane Brown said...

Tender tribute to Grandpa. He certainly brightened out lives. I love all zoos. Guess it was Noah who invented the first one. . . . love the Omaha Zoo too! Lets go!