Thursday, July 15, 2010

Toddler Bed

Addison graduated to a toddler bed a couple weeks ago! We are going out of town in a couple of days and so we thought it would be a good idea to get her used to sleeping in a bed before we go. She was super excited at the idea and was trying to help her dad put it together. The first night she went right in it and slept great, never coming out. She still stays in there during nap time and bedtime. The only problem is she often gets out and plays or brings things in her bed to play with. It is pretty funny to go in there after she wakes up to find the most odd things in her bed with her. She has had about 25 books with her, several diapers, clothes, baskets, shoes, tights, ALL her stuffed animals and dolls...the list goes on! Pretty funny, yet not great when you actually want her to sleep so she is in a better mood after. Oh well, it definitely could be a lot worse. I finally finished her DARN quilt today and so here she is showing off her bed. She is quite proud of her big girl bed. :)




7 comments:

Melissa said...

That bed looks familiar! Did you get it from Walmart? We have the exact same one for our kids, only a darker cherry color.

I laughed when I read this post. Both of my kids went through that stage of getting out of the new toddler bed and bringing everything back into bed with them. I had to put a security gate at the bedroom door, safety locks on the dresser drawers (I got really tired of repacking the drawers a million times a day), and close the lid on the toy boxes. They eventually grew out of the stage, but it took a couple of weeks. Good luck!

Jeff and Amy said...

Ah! I LOVE the quilt! So cute! Max has a big boy bed but never stays in it, so he is still forced to sleep in his crib-

Julianne said...

That quilt is awesome, Julie, seriously wonderful. Can't wait until we do our bed transition. We're going to do it when we get back from our month-long trip, as he'll be in pack and plays the whole month. I'm sure he'll be thrilled with that, eh? Have fun on your RV trip!

Boise Mom said...

That is just SO cute! Did you make the quilt? It looks like the same kind that Amy made.
Addison looks so happy in her new bed. Fun!

Matt and Janae said...

Great job on the quilt...it is so cute! I think every kid does the toys, books, what-have-you in the bed trick. There are times where I still find crazy things in the older boys' beds.

kb said...

Julie -
The quilt looks AMAZING! Addie look so happy and proud of her new "big girl" bed. :) Can't wait to see you after break. Have a great road trip!

KB

Tyson and Angela said...

Her quilt is ADORABLE!!! What a cute little girl is a cute little bed! That was pretty fun to read about what she brings to bed with her! Fun Fun!!