Well, I have a few fun things to catch up on!
For mothers day, sweet Derek got us tickets to see WICKED! I was so shocked! He sure did a good job this year. :) We had a lot of fun and we loved it. Unfortunately, we forgot to bring the camera, so we didn't get any pictures of us actually there. So I took a picture of the program to capture the night. Thank you to Morgen and Robbie for babysitting, you guys are great!
Addison is walking really well now. She has been taking steps for the past 4 months now, and the last few weeks she has ONLY wanted to walk. It has been so cute to see her progress. She started out only walking with her arms way up in the air all the time. Then, gradually she is getting more comfortable and has them waist level now.
She has quite the sassy personality. She is definitely headstrong and is a girl who knows what she wants! I can't blame her, both her parents are stubborn. Oh well. For weeks now she has been desperate to get up on the couch, she whines and complains and sometimes gets up on her own, but if not she will eventually get mad and fling herself to the floor and throws a tantrum! But, once she gets up she is all smiles.
She still has ZERO teeth. I am still anxiously awaiting that first little tooth, although I am not being very patient about it. I check daily. Our doctor has never seen a baby go longer than 15 months...I have a good feeling we are going to miss that mark. She still loves chomping on her toothbrush though, she is just practicing until she has something to actually brush.
Some of her favorite things to do are playing in the laundry basket (getting in and out over and over again), playing with all of her hair bows, pulling out her hair bows that are in her hair (not thrilled about this, she has pulled out a ton of hair!), throwing food (not a fan of this one either), dancing with just her head, going outside, people watching, getting in the shower, getting into any cupboard that isn't baby proofed, jibber-jabbering all the time and being just plain cute!
My garden is growing! I feel very dedicated to it, almost like it is another child! I am excited that we have green beans, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, dill, zuchinni growing away, with the cucumber lagging behind. It is so exciting to go outside everyday and see what's going on! Addison likes it too, although I doubt she will eat any of it...
Here is Day 1:
Here is now:
Last weekend we checked out a splash park in West Omaha. Addison always loves getting wet and playing with water when I am watering plants. So I thought she would love it and she did! It was funny seeing her walking all around following the big kids to play with them. She kept going towards the huge spraying statues and getting soaked! She loved it and we are definitely going to have to go back.
9 comments:
Looks like everything is going great! I love your garden! It is so fun to watch everything grow! Addison is so cute!
Your garden is looking AWESOME! We have so many tomato flowers but no actual tomatoes yet. And I left my flowers exposed to the rain last night...I think they're all drowned and dead. BOOOOOO.
Hey - where did you get Addison's swimming hat? I need to get Sam a hat that buckles underneath, b/c he won't keep one on otherwise.
Yeah for Wicked! How was the cast, was everyone really good?
She is getting so big! I can't believe how fast she is growing up! We can't wait to see you guys this summer!
What a great update!
Your garden is just amazing! Who gets zuchini & beans this early in the season?! Incredible! We are just starting to get peas.
Addison is just SO cute and growing too quickly! The water park looks like fun.
Life in Omaha is looking good but we miss you.
Oh my gosh....I can't believe how grown up Addison is getting! She is such a cutie!
Your garden looks awesome! Who knew you could grow things so well in pots. Good for you Julie!
Yay, you updated your blog! :) I didn't know you were trying out the garden in a pot thing....take notes because it is something I would love to try next year!!!
P.S. I'm going to add you to my blog list, okay? :)
I am so jealous you got to see wicked! I wanted to go so bad!
Your garden looks great!
Addison is getting cute.
I can die a happy mother, you have been bitten by the gardening bug!!!!!!!! Isn't it fun? Bet you are thinking of all the seeds and things you would like to grow! There is always room for one more pot!!!
Love it!
Post a Comment