Thursday, May 7, 2009

Kansas City

We went on a spontaneous road trip to Kansas City.  Derek has this week off from school before the next semester starts.  We stayed Tuesday night in a hotel and went swimming.  We made sure to get a hotel with an indoor pool so we could go swimming.  Addison loved it!  It was a little cold so I was nervous she would hate it, but she definitely didn't.  I can't wait for summer where we can take her again outside!




The next day we walked around downtown a bit and stopped at the Union Square.  It was such a neat building which was a big railroad hub, which they have renovated.  Inside are theaters and things for kids to do.

Then, we headed to Liberty to see Liberty jail where Joseph Smith sent 5 months.  We thought the jail still existed, but it doesn't.  The church now owns the property and has built a visitors center on the area with a little replica jail inside.  

We had a lot of fun as a family and we were glad we didn't have to be in the car too long, since Addison did not like being strapped down for 3 hours!

6 comments:

Mandi said...

I am glad you were able to do something fun on your week break! It looks like Addison loved the pool too. Those are super cute pictures of her :) It looks like you had a blast with your mom there. Tell Derek's mom hi for me! We miss seeing you guys - hope you are having fun!

Matt and Janae said...

How fun to be able to take a trip like that! It looks like Addison had a blast in the pool...cute pics!

Ryan and Jill said...

That sounds like a fun little trip. Glad to hear that Addison liked the pool. Cute!

lacey said...

Looks like a fun trip! I'm glad Addison liked the water! I can't wait to be able to go swimming again!!

Joe and Megan Karlsven said...

What fun! I love spontaneous trips. I am excited to go swimming this summer with Weston. We are going to try to come down to California in July too, we need to coordinate schedules.

Rachael and Justin said...

That's so cool. I miss spontaneous road trips. J and I used to do that all the time! The kids are getting so excited to go swimming too! yeah summer!