By the way, Addison is still not eating rice cereal!!! It has been frustrating! We have been trying since she was 4 months and she still hasn't gotten the hang of it. She now makes a disgusted face at us and makes us feel like we are feeding her poison (which maybe it tastes like it...it looks nasty). We have tried mixing it with juice, breast milk, formula, and apple sauce. She doesn't seem to like it. Plus she doesn't know how to really swallow it. Any advice out there from all you great moms??? We are lost as to what to do. :)
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Omaha Fun
In honor of Derek's first day of "Fall Break" we decided to have some Fall fun and go pick apples and pumpkins! We heard about this place in Council Bluffs, Iowa that has apples orchards and pumpkin patches this time of year. They had so many different types of apples and a few we had never even heard of. We got our bags and went out to pick, we decided to go with an apple you can't find in stores and that we had just tasted and loved - the pinova apple. Very good apple! It kind of tastes like Honey Crisp, if you love those, but half the price. We also found a couple of pumpkins that we had to man-handle off of the vine. We had a great time and it was SO NICE having Derek around on a week day! Pretty rare!


Also, last Saturday Addison and I headed to the last day of the Farmer's Market here in West Omaha. We got some good stuff, most of which Derek hates...but I love! Acorn squash, butternut squash, multi-colored baby tomatoes, green beans and corn. Yum, yum. Sad to say good-bye to the Farmers Market...until Spring!

By the way, Addison is still not eating rice cereal!!! It has been frustrating! We have been trying since she was 4 months and she still hasn't gotten the hang of it. She now makes a disgusted face at us and makes us feel like we are feeding her poison (which maybe it tastes like it...it looks nasty). We have tried mixing it with juice, breast milk, formula, and apple sauce. She doesn't seem to like it. Plus she doesn't know how to really swallow it. Any advice out there from all you great moms??? We are lost as to what to do. :)
By the way, Addison is still not eating rice cereal!!! It has been frustrating! We have been trying since she was 4 months and she still hasn't gotten the hang of it. She now makes a disgusted face at us and makes us feel like we are feeding her poison (which maybe it tastes like it...it looks nasty). We have tried mixing it with juice, breast milk, formula, and apple sauce. She doesn't seem to like it. Plus she doesn't know how to really swallow it. Any advice out there from all you great moms??? We are lost as to what to do. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
SO JEALOUS of your fall weather and all the fun fall activities that go along with it. We are missing the cool weather they are having in WI right now. Rice cereal, ey? Well, I'm sorry to say but my boys ate everything I put in front of them (they don't now so I could use some advice myself). If you've already tried mixing it with things I guess you just have to keep trying. Absolute starvation always gets a kid to eat anything!!
The pumpkin patch and orchard sound like fun! Those apples sound yummy!
As for the cereal...that is a tough one. I was going to recommend trying to mix it with stuff, but seeing how you already did that. I don't know. I agree with Josie, just keep trying I guess.
Sounds like you guys had a blast. So fun! Hailey didn't like her cereal at the beginning either. A friend told us to mix it with water and make it the consistency of mashed potatoes. So, I gave Hailey a few days off of trying it, and then gave it to her that way! She gobbled it down - and we've done it that way ever since. Maybe Addison will like them like that! Good luck :)
Your harvest foods look SO yummy! I would love the apples!
Wow! Derek is pretty strong...1 baby, 2 pumpkins and still smiling.
Love to see Derek carrying the load. :) Dad calls this the "pack mule".
Well, I am betting on getting that lil Addison to eat her cereal! I believe in the magic of whipped cream. Everything is better with that stuff on it. The farmers market is magical isn't it Julie! Can't wait until I get there in two days! Nice punkens too!
Whoohoo for the orchards! Glad you guys went.
On the rice cereal dilemma...I don't know. I would probably move on to oatmeal or maybe brown rice cereal (I think it's only sold by Beech Nut). If she still shuns those after a couple of weeks of consistent trying, I would probably move onto veggies or fruits. When we moved into "food", we started with the very basic sweet potatoes, squash, peas and green beans. Those are still his favorite, and we're working on adding in meats and fruits (can you believe it -- he very much favors veggies over fruits!).
Our friend's kid never ate the cereals or the baby food. She would just spit it out. When she was about 8 months old they started giving her those crackers, like Gerber Graduates, and Cheerios and whatever, and she just went straight from nursing to solids. Crazy, but it worked, and that girl is a tank.
Can you send me an email so I can send you a flyer for Elena's party? I don't have your email. My address is tulaneclay@gmail.com. Thanks!
Post a Comment