My mom came out first and stayed a week and then my dad came for a long weekend. My mom and I got some sewing projects done, did some shopping, organized our basement and helped start some food storage (now that we have room for it!). She also got Addison eating baby food! Pretty great!
Once my dad came we did some touring around some of the church history sites here. We visited the Kanesville Tabernacle, which is where Brigham Young was ordained the second President of the Church. It was neat to see it.
We also visited the Winter Quarters Cemetery, Temple and Visitor's Center. It taught me a lot about what the Saints had to go through in this part of the country. Pretty amazing. We found a relative, on Derek's mom's side, who died there. Her name is in the middle of the picture, Margaret Blackhurst. I guess there is only one remaining original headstone and then they have plaques with all the others names on it, who were buried there whose headstones are no longer there.
Now that we live so far away from all of our family it gets lonely for us, so it was awesome having them here. Who wants to visit us next???? We have plenty of room!
6 comments:
That is great that you guys were able to have your parents come to visit! You had a lot of neat pictures...that would be cool to be able to see all of those church historical places. It makes it all more real. We miss you guys!
So great. How did your mom convince Addison that rice cereal was a good thing??? Seriously, I feel like I call my mom every day for answers! Moms are great!
Fun times!
I have to admit that I am a bit jealous of your parents getting to see little Addison.
I am so glad that they were able to visit. That is great!
Also neat that you located the Blackhurst name. Grandpa Jay was pleased, I am sure.
Love you guys!
How nice to have your parents visit! I know how it is to be away from family (although I wan't that far away) and it is SO nice to have family visit!
We hope to make it that way someday. Hopefully you will still be there!
I understand that for sure...we just got a lot closer this summer. 3 hours now. How fun to have visitors. Addison is adorable...what a cute.
Glad you found our blog...I think I wrote on yours a few months back...maybe your shower. I will check back often.
Looks like a good time! It would be cool to see you guys! Your little girl sure is growing up...maybe one of these days/months/years we will be able to see you guys in Omaha! Jeff
Post a Comment