Saturday, August 2, 2008

EQ


We thought we were going to have a break from natural disasters when we left Omaha...but that didn't happen! There was an earthquake earlier this week that we felt here in California. If it's not tornadoes it's earthquakes! We were playing with the baby on our bed when all of a sudden it hit - the closet doors and blinds started rattling and swaying. The bed started to shake and I knew it was an earthquake. It's funny, I haven't lived in California for 6 years and I don't think they have had any earthquakes to speak of in that time. I guess it's my luck that we were here to feel this one (our family has felt plenty in our day!). Anyway, Derek thought it was cool...probably because it was a small one and there was no damage! He can now say he has felt an earthquake! Little Addie can say that too, when she starts talking. :)

5 comments:

Matt and Janae said...

How crazy it that?! Glad that it was only a small one and that there was no damage.

Ryan and Jill said...

You must be really lucky. :) Did it seem to scare Addison at all?

Boise Mom said...

The saying "You can run, but you can't hide" came to mind when I read this entry. Crazy!

Mel said...

glad it was a small one too! i think small earthquakes are kind of exciting as well. as long as no one is hurt, and nothing important breaks!

Julianne said...

Yuck! Glad you guys are home now in one piece.