Thursday, June 19, 2008

2 Months Old



Our little Addie is now 2 months old! It's hard to remember a time when she wasn't here with us! :) She has taught us a lot these last two months - how to be more patient, that we can survive with little sleep and how much fun being a family of three can be!

Here are some fun things she is doing:
- smiles and tries to talk to us often (although very hard to capture the smiles on camera)


- kicks and flails her arms all the time

- loves her pacifier (nothing but the gum drop one), we love that she loves it too

- perfecting the pouty lip

- has fun long hair that she lets us mess with(it is now getting two toned as it grows in blonder as opposed to falling out and getting new hair...)


- drools like crazy


- eats better, she now weighs about 10 1/2 pounds

- loves to be played with, especially by her dad who likes to tickle her

- likes her crib mobile, she smiles as soon as the music starts


She has been a lot of fun, challenging, but fun. We definitely can tell she has a spicy personality - she can have a temper when tired! She loves to cuddle though and is very particular about how she wants to be cuddled. We are hopeful her sleeping at night problem will be getting better soon. Last night she slept like a champ... 5 1/2 hours solid! She has never done this...so we are hopeful she will do it again! I am usually happy if she sleeps for 3 hours, but often that doesn't even happen! So I am hopeful! :)

Getting ready for bed


This is her a little cranky, she is not in the mood for pictures!

9 comments:

Barnes Family said...

She is SO cute! I can't believe how big she is getting! Very cute pictures!

Matt and Janae said...

Awww....Addie is such a cutie! I can't believe that she is already 2 months old! They grow too quickly.

Mandi said...

Happy two month birthday Addison! Cute pictures! It is fun to hear what she is doing.

Julianne said...

5.5 hours, YAY!!! Isn't it so amazing...and then you sit and hold your breath to see if they'll do it again!

Her pouty face, esp. the last picture, just makes me laugh every time! She is SO funny!

Allison said...

Holy smokes Julie, she is so cute! I love the hair, the pout lip, everything. I enjoyed reading about no sleep- i'm glad i'm not the only one who can't remember what it feels like to just go to bed and wake up when I feel like! You are such a cute mommy! I hope you come visit here so I can see you and meet little Addie.

Ryan and Jill said...

Very cute pictures. Good job on keeping your blog updated so we can see her as she grows. Enjoy every little thing because they grow and change so fast.

Anonymous said...

Julies mom says . . . I love the entire blog, edges and all!! Such a sweet little family, with all that it means. I must come visit! When can I come!

Joe and Megan Karlsven said...

Wow! She has grown so fast. I can not believe it. I am suprise that you are doing ok with such little sleep. I remember how much you loved your sleep and how hard it was to wake you. Hopefully you can come down to California sometime and I will be there too and we can hang out.

Boise Mom said...

I love seeing the pictures and feeling like we are part of your life even though you are 1/2 of the US away from us!
Addison is just so cute! She still looks so much like Derek! (but a cuter, female version)
Love your new blog design.