Rhapsody of the Seas
Our first stop was in Cozumel Mexico. Here we rented a Jeep for the day and drove and snorkeled at a couple of places. The snorkeling wasn't very good, but we did see a huge Barricuda! It was kind of scary, so I got away from him very fast! We went shopping after that.
Our second stop was in Roatan, which is a little island off of Honduras. This was pretty neat because my Uncle Don and Aunt Eleanore have a home there and it always has sounded wonderful! We did a jungle canopy tour, which was so much fun. It had about 16 zip lines going through the jungle. The instructors would hook us onto each zip-line and then we would get sent through the jungle. Great views and very exhilarating. We quickly realized that Roatan was extremely hot and muggy! I guess May is the hot season there. After that we went to a beach and found some really great snorkeling. We saw lots of interesting fish and coral. It was the best snorkeling of the trip and definitely our favorite port. The taxi broke down on our way back though...then we got a ride to the port.
Our third stop was in Costa Maya. This stop we used as a relaxing one since our first two had been so busy. We found a nice spot on the beach to lay under an umbrella to read and nap. It was pretty there.
Our fourth stop was in Progresso. Derek and I decided to go to Chichen Itza, where they have lots of Mayan ruins. We heard it was the best and biggest to go to. It took two hours to get there and then we have 3 hours there to explore and look around. We had some nice tour guides who were of Mayan descent. It was a neat experience.
7 comments:
Sooo loved the pictures of your cruise! When I lonesome, I check them out again, and again! You both look so happy, , , still! As I expected! Keep em coming! Just wait until you HAVE A BABY! Then you can post them too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Diane
Dang it, I wasn't the first to post a comment. I figured I should be since I told you to start one! SOOOO glad you did! Love it. Now I have another friend to add to my blog. Your trip looked like so much fun. Wow, do I need a REAL vacation. Looks like the baby comments are already starting (mom's comment). Good luck with that! love jos
Hey Julie, it's Josie's sister, Anne. How are you doing? I haven't seen you in a long time. I love your blog. I need to get one started soon. Your cruise looked like it was a lot of fun. It'll be nice to stop in and see what you've been up to every once and awhile. Talk to you later, Anne
Looks like a blast! We are jealous :)
ok, this was a week ago...where's your next post? we're waiting....
Okay this is really from Kim and Pam since we're sharing the site. Are we jealous!!!!! Loved the pics of the ruins - that should have been me (Pam) checking out the historical sites. And the picture of the slot machines . . . hmmmm. . . who did you take that one for??? We love you and miss you - so glad you had a wonderful time.
Kim and Pam
Jules,
This looked so wonderful!! I am so jealous!! It was way fun to see you last weekend. Have a great day.
Post a Comment