Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Snow, snow, snow

January has been full of cold temperatures (plus nasty wind chill) and lots of snow storms. The good thing is we haven't been dumped on as much as last year! Addison went out a couple time to help her dad shovel the snow and she had a blast. She is much more adventurous this year and will jump in the snow and play with it.




This storm got church cancelled. :)


It is strange to think this is our last winter in Omaha and that shortly after we will be leaving. We will probably look back and think fondly of our winters here after our memories get a little faded. ;) It sure is cold! Single digits' often along with wind makes for numbing cold. After being to the LDS visitors center quite a few times and learning about the pioneers to stayed here for a short time, all I can think is how did they endure it?! If they were lucky, they got to live in tiny log cabins, if not, then tents! I cannot even imagine.

6 comments:

Matt and Janae said...

Look at all that snow! Our boys would be so envioius...we haven't gotten but a skiff since November. :(

Boise Mom said...

Snow can be a lot of fun! Kids love it!

Boise Mom said...

By the way...is Addison missing her gloves that match that hat?
I just found them yesterday in my coat pocket.
I will get them to you.

Kirstin - Klinton - Max - Krieg Starr said...

So, I am just popping in to say Hi here. Sorry it is so infrequent. I loved looking through all the fun that you guys are having. Your babies are so cute it is so fun to see. Too bad even though we live in Utah the snow storms have been didilly this winter.

Morg and Robbie said...

It IS strange this is your last winter in Omaha. We will miss all of you next winter when we are still here battling the mid-west :)

Morg and Robbie said...

It IS strange this is your last winter in Omaha. We will miss all of you next winter when we are still here battling the mid-west :)