Carter was born on Monday, May 3rd at 3:31 p.m. He weighed in at 8 lbs. 11 oz. and 21" long.
The fun part, the birth story: Monday morning I went to get induced at 7 a.m. I couldn't sleep hardly at all the night before, just anticipating everything (it would be nice to go naturally one day so that I don't have to think so much about it before it happens!). Anyway, I got started on pitocin at about 8 am and we walked the halls and tried to get moving. My contractions were getting kind of strong and painful at about 10 am so I got an epidural, when I was dilated to about 4 cm. Which, was nice, but slowed things way down and I ended up getting stuck at 5.5 cm for several hours! I was getting so impatient because of how fast things went with Addison. But, they kept uping the pitocin and they started up again at about 2 pm. My epidural started wearing off and the anesthesiologist was in surgery so it got really hard at the end. I could suddenly feel everything and boy was it awful. By the time I was ready to push I was in A LOT of pain. My heart goes out to you natural childbirth people! Wow. But, luckily I only had to push a few times and he was born! Yea! So I was in labor about 7.5 hours, which was longer than Addison. So much for being faster the second time! :) The wait was worth it, he is adorable and fun to have around.
In my 40 week glory.
Getting all setup in the hospital. Notice how I still look energetic and pain free?!
Derek was passing the time playing Sudoku on his phone. Oh and notice the nice view of Omaha in the back. It was a nice delivery room.
Carter, getting his first sponge bath by the nurse.
Proud dad, holding his son for the first time.
Proud, tired parents.
Grandma, holding Carter. Thank you Kami for watching Addie so my mom could be there!
Carter has been a pretty good baby, sleeping and eating most of the time. Night times are still hard with him wanting to be held all the time and not wanting to sleep in his bed. But, he is pretty much content as long as he is either eating or being held. Night and day from Addie!
Speaking of Addie, she seems to really be intrigued by him. She likes to give him his pacifier, kiss him and touch his hands. She is loving all the extra grandma time she gets and doesn't seem to care that she sees her mom less. I am getting more nervous for when it's me and two kids during the day! Seems so overwhelming right now.
Addie checking him out up close.
Our first photo as a family of FOUR!
We are loving having a sweet little boy around and think he is great. He looks a lot like his dad in the eyes and has lots of soft, thick hair!

10 comments:
Yea! Congratulations Julie. He's adorable!!!!
Sorry, that last post was from me. I didn't realize I was signed in with Derek's account :)
WOOOHOOOOO!!! Oh my gosh, look at his little lips and chin. He is a DOLL! I cannot WAIT to meet him -- I think I should not be as excited as I am, since I'm not even family! But I can't help it, I just am.
Seriously, seeing these pictures/reading the story (thanks for that!) is making me do some thinking about our own family (not an announcement, ahem).
OK, well, go get some sleep (I hope you are getting some) and I can't wait to take Addie for a day to let you have a day off of being a 2-kid mom. Seriously, that almost sends me into a panic attack thinking of doing that myself. Two against one...but then, look at them. They are both SO cute!
Congratulations you two! Carter is such a cutie! I can't wait to meet him!
Such a cute family of four!
We love you tons and wish you were closer!
Can't wait to see all of you on Saturday!
Congratulations!!! He is so sweet, I can't wait to get to hold him. You look great! :)
Way to go! You are a trooper for having to deal with the pain at the end! I hope that doesn't happen with me. He is adorable and so happy he is here! Congrats!
What a sweetheart. Congratulations. I am glad everything went well. :)
what a cute little boy. Congradulations and way to endure the pain. What a cute family.
If it makes you feel any better, I've been told that the labor pains are much more intense when pitocin is involved than if it is just natural. I wouldn't know because I had an epidural with pitocin for my first and a c section for my second...
Congratulations, though. You have such a beautiful family!
Post a Comment