Saturday, November 7, 2009

Happy Halloween!

This year Halloween was side-tracked a bit by sickness! I was sick with the flu all week, then Addison had a fever the two days before Halloween. It was not fun! We missed out on the Dental School Kids Parade and the playgroup party...darn! Next year we hope to be healthy and happy. Addison dressed up as a cowgirl. My mom helped me make her costume and she was so cute in it.

We did manage to go to our ward's Truck-or-Treat. Poor Addison got totally freaked out at the first car and wanted nothing more to do with getting candy. She did not like those scary, dark cars!


The next night we went to Derek's cousin Summer's house. We had a great dinner and treats. It was so much fun! Before dinner we went trick-or-treating and Addison liked it much better. She got the hang of it and ate a sucker along the way. She was a sticky, happy mess! :)





8 comments:

Boise Mom said...

Such a cute little cow girl!
Julie, you made a darling costume.

Sorry you were sick that week. It is no fun being sick,especially when it makes you miss fun times.

Joe and Megan Karlsven said...

She is so cute! You did a great job on the costume. I need to learn how to sew again. I also liked Derek's costume, I wonder where he got that idea :)

Julianne said...

That cowgirl! I LOVE her!

A sucker in his mouth was the only way Sam cooperated with anything. I feel your sticky pain.

Allison said...

You did an awesome job on her costume! Congratulations on the new baby on the way, we are really excited for you!!

Diane said...

She looks as cute as I thought she would! You and Derek look appropriate. You are security making sure that he doesn't go off strike! . . . Love the pics!

Matt and Janae said...

I love Addison's costume...she looks so cute! Great job Julie! Fun costumes for you (& Derek)!

Sorry to hear that you guys have been sick. No fun!

Melissa said...

I am so impressed! You and your mom are so talented. Addison looked really cute.

lacey said...

Addison is seriously the cutest little cowgirl!! I love her costume!