Sunday, August 23, 2009

Iowa State Fair

Yesterday we took a little road trip to Des Moines, Iowa. We have been hearing for years how great the Iowa State Fair is, so we decided we had to check it out. There were SO many people there. It took us about 2 hours to get there and Addison did really well in the car, compared to other times!

We saw some fun things. We checked out some of the award winning exhibits, ate good food and did lots of walking.

These are famous! Butter carvings. Can you imagine carving with butter?!




We thought this was cool - an old-fashioned dental chair. I think I would have been very scared to have to sit in that chair with all those metal tools!


Addison absolutely loved the baby animals they had. Piglets, ducks, chicks, baby geese and baby ostriches. She would scream and point - the birds did not like the screaming!




I LOVE baby piglets! They are so darn cute and not as smelly and gross as their parents. They sure were aggressive though...poor mamas!

7 comments:

Matt and Janae said...

How fun! That is great that Addison did so well in the car, definitely makes it all more enjoyable. I love the pics of the piglets...so cute!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I've never even heard of the Iowa state fair. Very cool.

Anonymous said...

Whoops, that's me, Julianne

lacey said...

Cute pictures! I especially love the butter carvings, pretty creatvie. I wonder how they keep them from melting?!

Boise Mom said...

Random thoughts -
That dental chair doesn't look very comfy. Improvements have been made.
How would you like to nurse that many babies at the same time? (the pig) Ugh!

Diane said...

Pass the butter please! Now, that would be a great centerpiece at Thanksgiving! I know that you had fun! Next year it will be with us. What if we just state hopped and went to random state fairs. . . seeking piglets of course. Julie has always had a thing for lil piglets! Pot bellies being her fav!!!

Ladybug143 said...

That looks like a blast! Maybe we will have to check it out next year!